KNPS encourages awareness and appreciation of the native plants of Kansas in their habitats and in our landscapes by promoting education, stewardship, and scientific knowledge. Learn more About Us.
Kansas native plants are indigenous to Kansas and include wildflowers, forbs, grasses, sedges, rushes, trees, shrubs, vines, ferns, mosses, and others. They are found in our prairies, woodlands, wetlands, and gardens. Learn more about the Definition of Native Plants.
One of the best ways to learn about Kansas plants is to join KNPS. Some of our members' favorite benefits are the quarterly Newsletter, the wildflower Events, and connecting with other members. Learn more about Membership.
Stay informed by joining our Email List. We send weekly events announcements to all subscribers. You can unsubscribe from the list at anytime.
News & Updates
- Member Plant Gallery 2 images added (Nov 8)
- 2 events added in Oct (Oct 31)
- Summer 2015 Newsletter added (Oct 31)
- 2015 Photo Contest Winners added (Oct 18)
- Member Plant Gallery 2 images added (Oct 10)
- 9 events added in Sep (Sep 30)
- Board of Directors updated (Sep 28)
- Member Plant Gallery 2 images added (Sep 24)
- Member Plant Gallery 3 images added (Sep 13)
- KNPS brochure added (Sep 13)
- Archived Updates