2015 Annual Wildflower Weekend (AWW)
Wildflower enthusiasts from across Kansas will converge on Manhattan, Kansas, September 25-26-27, for the KNPS's 37th Annual Wildflower Weekend. The meeting will be a unique opportunity to explore and learn about the native plants in the northern Flint Hills.
- Friday afternoon: Botanize on Konza Prairie's Butterfly Hill
- Saturday morning: Annual Meeting, Speaker Presentations, Awards Presentations, Photo Contest, and Silent Auction at Kansas State University.
- Saturday afternoon: Botanize at Tuttle Creek site & Bob Haines pasture
- Sunday morning: Botanize at Konza Prairie
The public is encouraged to attend.
Learn about and register for the 2015 Annual Wildflower Weekend
Submit your digital photos to the 2015 Photo Contest. Winners are announced at AWW.
KNPS encourages awareness and appreciation of the native plants of Kansas in their habitats and in our landscapes by promoting education, stewardship, and scientific knowledge. Learn more About Us.
Kansas native plants are indigenous to Kansas and include wildflowers, forbs, grasses, sedges, rushes, trees, shrubs, vines, ferns, mosses, and others. They are found in our prairies, woodlands, wetlands, and gardens. Learn more about the Definition of Native Plants.
One of the best ways to learn about Kansas plants is to join KNPS. Some of our members' favorite benefits are the quarterly Newsletter, the wildflower Events, and connecting with other members. Learn more about Membership.
Stay informed by joining our Email List. We send weekly events announcements to all subscribers. You can unsubscribe from the list at anytime.
- Arkansas City Butterfly Count - Arkansas City, KS on Sat, Jul 11th
- Pot-Dinner and Mothing in a Native Plant Garden - Paola, KS on Sat, Jul 18th
- Dialog on Sustainability: Educating Leaders for Sustainable Development - Manhattan, KS on Sat, Jul 18th
- Mid-/Shortgrass Range School - Scott City, KS on Tue, Aug 4th
- Tallgrass Range School - Elmdale, KS on Tue, Aug 18th
- Orchestra on the Oregon Trail - Marysville, KS on Sun, Sep 6th
- Tuttle Creek Lake Fall Wildflower Walk - Manhattan, KS on Sat, Sep 12th
- 37th Annual Wildflower Weekend - Manhattan, KS on Fri, Sep 25th
News & Updates
- Member Plant Gallery 3 images added (Jul 5)
- Member Plant Gallery 3 images added (Jun 25)
- 2015 Photo Contest updated (Jun 25)
- 2015 AWW Itinerary added (Jun 25)
- Member Plant Gallery 2 images added (Jun 20)
- Member Plant Gallery 3 images added (Jun 15)
- 8 events added in May (May 31)
- Member Plant Gallery 4 images added (May 30)
- 2015 AWW Dates & Location announced (May 29)
- 12 events added in April (Apr 30)
- Member Plant Gallery images added (Apr 29)
- Winter 2015 Newsletter added (Apr 21
- Winter Board Meeting Minutes added (Apr 13)
- Member Plant Gallery images added (Apr 12)
- Archived Updates