Friday - Saturday • May 19 - 20, 2017
KNPS invites anyone interested, including families, to join them for the 2-day 2017 Spring/Summer Board Meeting and Wildflower Tours. There is no charge to attend the tours. Board Members only will attend the Board Meeting Friday morning and everyone is welcome to join the tours Friday afternoon and on Saturday. We will caravan to private properties so choose the location for the "starting point" where you will join the group. You may consider extending your stay in the area through Sunday to have an opportunity to visit some of the unique shops and sights in the Cottonwood Falls/Strong City areas, including the Tallgrass Prairie Preserve and Council Grove.
Please download the one-page PDF itinerary and make your lodging plans as soon as possible.
Visit ChaseCountyChamber.org for lodging, shopping and outdoor activities.
Although there is no charge or registration required, we need head counts for planned dining options. Please click this link to RSVP by May 15.
KNPS encourages awareness and appreciation of the native plants of Kansas in their habitats and in our landscapes by promoting education, stewardship, and scientific knowledge. Learn more About Us.
Kansas native plants are indigenous to Kansas and include wildflowers, forbs, grasses, sedges, rushes, trees, shrubs, vines, ferns, mosses, and others. They are found in our prairies, woodlands, wetlands, and gardens. Learn more about the Definition of Native Plants.
One of the best ways to learn about Kansas plants is to join KNPS. Some of our members’ favorite benefits are the quarterly Newsletter, the wildflower Events, and connecting with other members. Learn more about Membership.
Stay informed by joining our Email List. We send weekly events announcements to all subscribers. You can unsubscribe from the list at anytime.
- Native Plants for Your Yard or Garden - Lawrence, KS on Mon, Apr 24th
- FloraKansas: The Great Plains Plant Bazaar - Hesston, KS on Thu, Apr 27th
- Native Plant Sale - Paola, KS on Thu, Apr 27th
- Bird and Wildflower outing at the Prairie Center, Johnson County - Olathe, KS on Sat, Apr 29th
- Missouri Prairie Foundation Native Plant Sale - Kansas City, MO on Sat, May 6th
- Topeka Zoo Native Flower Sale - Topeka, KS on Sat, May 13th
- Betsy Betros - The Fateful Step...and other Adventures in Insect Photography - Wichita, KS on Tue, May 16th
- Moser-O'Dell Prairie Tour - Paola, KS on Wed, May 17th