KNPS encourages awareness and appreciation of the native plants of Kansas in their habitats and in our landscapes by promoting education, stewardship, and scientific knowledge. Learn more About Us.
Kansas native plants are indigenous to Kansas and include wildflowers, forbs, grasses, sedges, rushes, trees, shrubs, vines, ferns, mosses, and others. They are found in our prairies, woodlands, wetlands, and gardens. Learn more about the Definition of Native Plants.
One of the best ways to learn about Kansas plants is to join KNPS. Some of our members' favorite benefits are the quarterly Newsletter, the wildflower Events, and connecting with other members. Learn more about Membership.
Stay informed by joining our Email List. We send weekly events announcements to all subscribers. You can unsubscribe from the list at anytime.
- Concordia Wildflower Tour - Concordia, KS on Sat, Apr 25th
- Missouri Prairie Foundation Spring Plant Sale #2 - Kansas City, MO on Sat, Apr 25th
- Wyandotte County Lake Park Spring Wildflowers #2 of 2 - Kansas City, KS on Sat, Apr 25th
- Chisholm Creek Park Honeysuckle Removal - Wichita, KS on Sat, Apr 25th
- Prairie Spirit Trail State Park Open House - Ottawa, KS on Sat, Apr 25th
- KNPS Spring Board Meeting & Outing - Hiawatha, KS on Sat, May 2nd
- Discover Salina Naturally - Salina, KS on Sun, May 3rd
- Barber County Wildflower Tour - Medicine Lodge, KS on Sat, May 9th
News & Updates
- Winter 2015 Newsletter added (Apr 21)
- Winter Board Meeting Minutes added (Apr 13)
- Member Plant Gallery images added (Apr 12)
- 20 events added in March (Mar 31)
- Member Plant Gallery images added (Mar 31)
- 15 events added in February (Feb 28)
- KNPS Decal added to Store (Feb 22)
- Public Gardens updated (Feb 22)
- Plant/Wildflower Galleries updated (Feb 22)
- Committees updated (Feb 22)
- Member Plant Gallery image added (Feb 19)
- 2015 Wildflower of the Year: Spider Milkweed added (Feb 18)
- Board of Directors History updated (Feb 9)
- Board of Directors image added (Feb 9)
- Plant & Seed Sources updated (Feb 1)
- Resources updated (Feb 1)
- Archived Updates