Request a wildflower hike or program
About the Volunteers
KNPS has eager volunteers who are willing to share their knowledge on native plants such as wildflowers. If you would you like to volunteer with KNPS, see our volunteer opportunities.
Our volunteers can present infromation on native plants in two methods.
- Lead a wildflower/native plant hike. Most are done in May, June, September, and October.
- Give a program on native plants.
- Offer a workshop on plant related topics
Wildflower Walk Examples
- Walks in public parks and lands such as State Fishing Lakes & Federal Reservoirs
- Walks on private or restricted lands with permission
- Prairie Walk to see grassland wildflowers and grasses
- Woodland Walk to see woodland wildflowers & other plants
- Tree Walk to identify trees
Program Examples and Ideas
- Landscaping with Native Plants
- Little Bluestem for State Grass
- Wildflowers of Northeast Kansas
- Wildflowers of the Flint Hills
- Wildflowers of Southeast Kansas
- Vegetation and Flora of Kansas
- Native Plants and Insects (pollinators or butterflies)
- Plant Identification
- Wildflower Photography
- Collecting and preparing seeds
- Growing plants from seeds
- Making paper from plant fiber
Note: Workshops may require a fee for instructor & materials
Request an Education Volunteer
Fill out the Education Volunteer Request Form. Upon receipt of the request, we will put you in touch with a volunteer if one is available.