Medicinal plant demonstration/show garden planting party • Douglas County
Saturday, May 14th, 2011 @ 10am-1pm
1865 E. 1600 Road • Lawrence, KS • Map
This gathering will be a relaxed, informal event focused on getting plants in the ground. There will be six themed beds of medicinal plants (including two beds with only Echinacea and milkweed species), about 90 species total. All ages are welcome to come get their hands dirty or just make a visit.
Also at the garden site:
* the thriving medicinal plants in the research area planted last year;
* the KU Student Farm, now in its first year as a true community garden;
* our new shade structure, designed by a KU engineering student and built with reclaimed materials from the Westar Green Team;
* our composting latrine (construction underway) designed and built by the KU student group Engineers Without Borders.
Contact: Kirsten Bosnak firstname.lastname@example.org 785-864-6267
List an Event
Receive Event announcements by email
This wildflower event description explains what you might expect on an outing.
What to Bring
For outdoor events we recommend bringing sturdy footwear, long pants, insect repellent, sunscreen, a hat and water!.
- KNPS sponsored/co-sponsored event