Visitors' Day at Konza Prairie • Riley County
Saturday, Sep 29th, 2012 @ 8am-4pm
Konza Prairie Biological Station • 100 Konza Prairie Lane • Manhattan, KS • Map
Visitors' Day is the one time (every other year) where we open our doors to the public. Here's a quick look at what we'll have available:
- Free rides around the Bison Loop. Ride with a trained docent and see the 10-mile loop around our 2,500 acre bison enclosure. Learn about our grassland management methods and see the bison up close.
- Hayrides around the research area around the headquarters. These rides are usually lead by Konza researchers and this is a wonderful time to learn about the current research being done on the site.
- For the kids: learn about bison, catch grasshoppers, make a wildflower collage, or become a junior ecologist. We'll have lots to do for the young people in your life!
- Walk the Nature Trail or our other trail, the Butterfly Hill Trail. Butterfly Hill is rarely open to the public so here's your chance to come onto the site and see a new facet to Konza Prairie.
- See posters about some of the current research being done and chat with volunteers or researchers.
All activities are free and open to the public. We hope to see you there!
Contact: Jill Haukos, Director of Education, (785) 587-0381, email@example.com
Contact: Jill Haukos firstname.lastname@example.org (785) 587-0381
Sponsor: Konza Prairie Biological Station
List an Event
Receive Event announcements by email
This wildflower event description explains what you might expect on an outing.
What to Bring
For outdoor events we recommend bringing sturdy footwear, long pants, insect repellent, sunscreen, a hat and water!.
- KNPS sponsored/co-sponsored event