KNPS encourages awareness and appreciation of the native plants of Kansas in their habitats and in our landscapes by promoting education, stewardship, and scientific knowledge. Learn more About Us.
Kansas native plants are indigenous to Kansas and include wildflowers, forbs, grasses, sedges, rushes, trees, shrubs, vines, ferns, mosses, and others. They are found in our prairies, woodlands, wetlands, and gardens. Learn more about the Definition of Native Plants.
One of the best ways to learn about Kansas plants is to join KNPS. Some of our members' favorite benefits are the quarterly Newsletter, the wildflower Events, and connecting with other members. Learn more about Membership.
Stay informed by joining our Email List. We send weekly events announcements to all subscribers. You can unsubscribe from the list at anytime.
- Presentation: Woodland Wildflowers and Trees of Wyandotte County Lake Park - Kansas City, KS on Wed, Mar 12th
- Prescribed Burn Demonstration - Lecompton, KS on Sat, Mar 15th
- Snyder Prairie Workday: Spring Burn - Mayetta, KS on Sat, Mar 15th
- Workshop: Growing Wildflowers from Seed - Overland Park, KS on Wed, Mar 19th
- Spring Workday: Clear Bush Honeysuckle along Shunga Creek - Topeka, KS on Wed, Mar 19th
- Pasture Management Session #3 of 7: Cattle Heatlh and Performance - Clay Center, KS on Thu, Apr 3rd
- Presentation & Hike: Wildflowers & Ecosystems of Western Kansas - Scott City, KS on Sat, Apr 5th
- Cedar Crest Woodland Wildflower Walk - Topeka, KS on Tue, Apr 8th
News & Updates
- Newsletter Index updated (Mar 10)
- 2014 KNPS Brochure added (Mar 10)
- 22 events added in February (Mar 1)
- Central Kansas Pocket Guides added (Feb 25)
- Red Hills Pocket Guide added (Feb 24)
- Winter Board Meeting Minutes added (Feb 12)
- Committees updated (Feb 12)
- 11 events added in January (Feb 1)
- Fall 2013 Newsletter added (Jan 30)
- 2014 Wildflower of the Year: Blue-eyed Grass added (Jan 24)
- Scholarship Request for Proposals (Jan 15)
- 13 events added in December (Jan 1)
- 2013 Scholarship Recipients added (Dec 21)
- 2013 AWW Gallery added (Dec 18)
- 2013 Service Award Recipient added (Dec 17)
- 2013 Botany Award Recipient added (Dec 17)
- Board of Directors updated (Dec 16)
- 2013 Photo Contest Winners added (Dec 12)
- Archived Updates