2014 Annual Wildflower Weekend (AWW)
Wildflower enthusiasts from across Kansas will converge on Pratt, Kansas, September 19-20-21, for the KNPS's 36th Annual Wildflower Weekend. The meeting will be a unique opportunity to explore and learn about the native plants in and around Pratt.
- Friday afternoon: Tour the Pollinator Garden at Kansas Wildlife and Parks in Pratt, visit ranch near Sun City
- Friday evening: Dinner at Busters Bar & Grill in Sun City.
- Saturday morning: Annual Meeting, Kansas Grass Presentation, Penstemon Presentation, Awards Presentations, Photo Contest, and Silent Auction at Pratt Community College. Lunch at cafeteria.
- Saturday afternoon: Tour Red Hills sites near Sun City.
- Saturday evening: Dinner at Club D'Est in Pratt
- Sunday morning: Tour the Hamm Prairie near Pratt and another location in the Pratt area.
The public is encouraged to attend.
Learn about and register for the 2014 Annual Wildflower Weekend
Submit your digital photos to the 2014 Photo Contest. Winners are announced at AWW.
KNPS encourages awareness and appreciation of the native plants of Kansas in their habitats and in our landscapes by promoting education, stewardship, and scientific knowledge. Learn more About Us.
Kansas native plants are indigenous to Kansas and include wildflowers, forbs, grasses, sedges, rushes, trees, shrubs, vines, ferns, mosses, and others. They are found in our prairies, woodlands, wetlands, and gardens. Learn more about the Definition of Native Plants.
One of the best ways to learn about Kansas plants is to join KNPS. Some of our members' favorite benefits are the quarterly Newsletter, the wildflower Events, and connecting with other members. Learn more about Membership.
Stay informed by joining our Email List. We send weekly events announcements to all subscribers. You can unsubscribe from the list at anytime.
- Invasive Plant Thugs - Paola, KS on Thu, Sep 25th
- Protect & Serve your Over-wintering Wildlife - Paola, KS on Sat, Oct 4th
- Presentation: The Colors of Autumn - Bucyrus, KS on Wed, Oct 15th
- Wyandotte County Lake Park Fall Trees #1 of 3 - Kansas City, KS, KS on Sat, Oct 18th
- Colors of Nature: A Natural Dyeing Workshop - Great Bend, KS on Sun, Oct 19th
- Wyandotte County Lake Park Fall Trees #2 of 3 - Kansas City, KS, KS on Sat, Oct 25th
- Wyandotte County Lake Park Fall Trees #3 of 3 - Kansas City, KS, KS on Sat, Nov 1st
- Elk Days at Maxwell - Canton, KS on Sat, Jan 17th
News & Updates
- Flint Hills Pocket Guide 3rd Printing (Aug 6)
- 7 events added in July (Aug 1)
- New Photo Contest Rules updated (Jul 31)
- Spring 2014 Newsletter added (Jul 24)
- Spring Board Meeting Minutes added (Jul 24)
- 11 events added in June (Jul 1)
- Newsletter Index updated (Jun 25)
- 8 events added in May (Jun 1)
- Recommended Books updated (May 7)
- 13 events added in April (May 1)
- Archived Updates