Join KNPS for the 2022 Annual Wildflower Weekend
- Emporia is located midway between the northern and southern extent of rocky tallgrass prairie preserved in the Flint Hills of Kansas.
- Explore bottomlands and wetlands at the Flint Hills Wildlife Refuge and learn about habitat restoration for migrating waterfowl.
- Botanize at Lyon State Fishing Lake where 440+ acres of Flint Hills habitat surround the lake.
- Visit an example of a diverse native plant prairie that has been conserved by the Kansas Land Trust.
- Experience an Emporia State University Natural Area utilized as an outdoor laboratory.
- Current KNPS members will receive an AWW Invitation and Itinerary by mail.
- Download a PDF of the 2022 AWW Itinerary.
The KNPS Annual Photo Contest will be held online, and is open to current members only. The deadline for submitting photographs is August 12.
The top three photos in each category will be shown during the virtual Annual Meeting. We encourage all KNPS members to enter photos.
Read about the Categories and instructions for submitting your photos at the link for “Events” – Photo Contest Entry and Submission.